Friday, April 13, 2007

Grooks by Piet Hein

PROBLEMS
Problems
worthy of attack
prove their worth
by hitting back.

A PSYCHOLOGICAL TIP
Whenever you're called on to make up your mind,
and you're hampered by not having any,
the best way to solve the dilemma,
you'll find, is simply by spinning a penny.
No -- not so that chance shall decide the affair
while you're passively standing there moping;
but the moment the penny is up in the air,
you suddenly know what you're hoping.

THE CURE FOR EXHAUSTION
Sometimes, exhausted with toil and endeavour,
I wish I could sleep for ever and ever;
but then this reflection my longing allays:
I shall be doing it one of these days.

FREEDOM
Freedom means
you're free to do just whatever pleases you;
- if, of course that is to say,
what you please is what you may.

GOOD ADVICE
Shun advice at any price -
that's what I call good advice

WHO AM I?
Who am I to deny that
maybe
God is me?

No comments: